Marin County Parks operates under the jurisdiction of the County of Marin and is intended for recreational and educational day use.
Individuals or groups wishing to reserve a designated site within the park for non-commercial use must have an approved site reservation.
All commercial events, events with amplified sound, and events that exceed the capacity of a single reservable area require a special event application, which must be submitted a minimum of 90 days in advance of the event date.
- A site reservation provides exclusive day use of a particular site within a park, within park hours.
- Bring proof of reservation confirmation to present to park staff upon request.
- Reservations for youth groups must be made by an adult. An adult must supervise on site any minors under 18 years of age.
- Reservations are not transferrable.
- Park facilities must be left in a clean condition, free from litter and damage. Consider not bringing items that produce small, hard to retrieve pieces of litter such as confetti, water balloons, etc. Additional cleanup or repairs will be billed to reservation holder.
- Jump houses, bounce houses, dunk tanks, and other entertainment features are only allowed with prior approval, in designated areas of the park. Entertainment features must be secured with water barrels or sandbags only. The company providing the entertainment feature must have insurance that meets County requirements on file with Marin County Parks at the time the applicant makes the reservation. Electricity is not provided.
- Marin County Parks reserves the right to require additional staffing, security, law enforcement support, or portable toilets when deemed necessary. Reservation holder will be required to pay these additional costs in advance.
- Reservation holders in violation of these Reservation Policies or Park Rules are subject to additional charges, fines, reservation cancellation, and ejection from the park.
General Park Rules
- Visitors are responsible for knowing and complying with park rules including park hours. View general park rules. View park specific information.
- Amplified sound is only permitted with a Special Event Permit. Radios and personal digital devices are allowed when used at levels that do not disturb other park visitors.
- Items which produce an open flame, including but not limited to barbecues, camp stoves, lanterns, and candles are permitted in designated areas only. No smoking or campfires.
- No firearms or weapons of any kind.
- No operating or landing aircraft of any kind, including drones.
- No camping or overnight stays.
- Groups of 20 or more people must make an advance reservation.
- Permits are required for commercial use, including tours, classes, camps, food, drink, or other sales, film or photography.
- All fishing within parks is subject to the California Fish and Game code, the rules and regulations of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife and other applicable regulations. Park rangers, California Department of Fish and Wildlife officials and other law enforcement personnel are authorized to issue citations for violations, confiscate fish and impound fishing gear upon violation of regulations. For more information view California Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Do not feed for disturb wildlife. Park use must be carried out in a manner that minimizes impacts to natural resources.
McInnis Park Rules
These McInnis Park rules are in addition to General Park Rules.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- Dogs are allowed when restrained by a leash of six feet or less. Please pick up after your pet. Dogs are not permitted in tennis courts or on sports fields.
- When fishing at McInnis Park, a valid state fishing license is required.
- View Skate Park rules.
McInnis Ball Field Policy and Rules
- Ball field reservations are by the hour only and there is a two-hour minimum.
- Parks staff may revoke reservation at any time to prevent field damage or other reasons.
- No baseball practice or games.
- No rugby practice or games.
- Field use is allowed during park hours only.
- Dogs are not permitted on fields.
- Commercial use allowed by permit only, call (415) 473-7608.
McInnis Tennis Court Reservation Policy and Rules
- Open during regular park hours.
- Tennis and pickleball play only.
- Rubber-soled shoes only.
- Dogs are not permitted in courts.
- Reservation play has priority over walk-on play.
- If court is not reserved and others are waiting, play time is one hour or conclusion of set.
- Commercial use allowed by permit only, call (415) 473-7608. Violators will be asked to leave the courts.
- Tournaments and other special events require an approved Special Event Permit. Call (415) 473-7608 for more information.
- To report maintenance or hazardous conditions please contact McInnis park rangers at (415) 446-4423 or complete an Incident Report.
Hold Harmless Agreement
The above stated organization/individual assumes and agrees to protect, hold harmless and indemnify the County of Marin, its officers, agents, and employees from any and all claims, liabilities, or cause of action, including claims for injuries or death to persons, or damage to persons or property arising out of or in connection with all of its activities within the above facility. This application/contract is issued in accordance with the Marin County Board of Supervisors. Failure to comply with the above policies and rules may cause reason to revoke this agreement.
Reservations may be canceled at any time.
- Picnic and ball field reservations that are canceled more than 30 days before the event date are eligible for a refund.
- Tennis and pickleball reservations that are canceled at least 3 days before the event date are eligible for a refund.
Reservations paid by cash or check will receive a refund check. Call (415) 473-6388 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Reservations paid by credit card may visit marin.itinio.com/cancel. Enter the reservation number, email address, and click Next. The system will indicate if the cancelation qualifies for a refund. After completing the cancelation process, the system generates your confirmation and signals our fiscal partner to refund to the original credit card. Please allow 10 business days for the credit to appear on your statement as L2G*MARIN CO PARKS. If more than 10 business days pass, call (415) 473-6388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.